From visiting your nearby grocery shop to an international branded store, you will see the use of barcode scanners in almost every shop or business. It is a quick and effective way to add your overall order and proceed with the transaction. It sounds simple right? But they are more than just a simple business tool. Apart from business, they are used in games, movies, events, tracking products, and much more.
These helpful tools don’t work on your hard work. Instead, they require batteries to keep them working. If you own a Honeywell barcode scanner, then the Honeywell LXE MX7 battery will be the best shot in getting a non-stop service. Let's get to know about its feature, the process of placing and removing the battery from the scanner and safety measures in detail.
The brand new Honeywell LXE MX7 batteries are compatible with any type of original barcode scanner. This replacement battery guarantees a long service life while ensuring a good performance.
- The battery is composed of Lithium-ion.
- The battery provides an electric charge capacity up to 3400mAH.
- The battery comes with a 12 months replacement warranty by the manufacturer.
These Honeywell LXE MX7 batteries are the best replacement options for the expensive or regular nonusable cells. These types of batteries are specially designed to perform under severe conditions. The best part about them is that they can efficiently maintain 80% of their power even after the one year of shipment. But there are also other battery series which are equally compatible with barcode scanners. Some of them include Honeywell LXE 159904-0001, LXEMX7392BATT-FN, MX7392BAT, and much more.
The Honeywell LXE MX7 batteries are manufactured from the top quality Li-ion cells. Not just this, other interesting features also make this battery ideal for varied barcode scanners.
- The battery uses high quality ‘A’ grade cells.
- It supports optimal discharge characteristics.
- The battery is welded with gold plated contacts to provide high performance.
- The battery is designed with high-quality polycarbonate and ABS plastic to provide good strength and durability.
- The battery has undergone standard testing such as mechanical shock, short circuit and, high altitude performance.
Inserting the Battery
Once you get your brand new battery for a barcode scanner, you are ready to place it inside the scanner. To handle your battery carefully, you should follow certain steps:
- Place the battery in suspend mode.
- Separate the bottom hook of the hand strap.
- Incline the end of the completely charged battery into the top end of the battery compartment and then place the other end down until it is completely inserted into the battery compartment.
- The battery instantly draws power once it has been placed successfully.
Removing the Battery
Removing the battery from the barcode scanner is as simple as placing it inside the scanner. Follow these few steps in order to remove your battery successfully.
- The battery should be placed in suspend mode.
- Separate the bottom hook of the hand strap.
- Tilt the battery’s retaining clip down to detach the main battery.
- Take out the battery from the battery compartment.
- Put the discharged battery in a powered battery charger to recharge.
Checking Battery Status
To know your current battery’s status, you will be required to tap on your battery’s tab. The power panel will enable you to look at power status, battery level, and reaming charge. As Honeywell LXE MX7 is manufactured to operate with lithium-ion batteries, its charging lasts up to nine to ten hours. The more you use the scanner, the shorter is the time needed between battery recharges.
Handling Batteries Safely
By following the recommendations and best practices, your scanner battery can have a long life. The battery care starts right from its proper setup to its correct disposal. Here are some of the safety measures which should be followed at the time of handling your batteries.
- Never replace the separate cells in the battery pack.
- Once your battery life is completed, always dispose of them in a cool location.
- Never charge the batteries which are broken or indicates the sign of leakage.
- Always dispose of your batteries by using proper procedures mentioned in the manual.
Inserting and Removing The Battery From the Charging Pocket
It is essential that battery packs are correctly placed into the charging pocket. An incorrect procedure may damage your battery pack or even the charger. At the time of placing the battery pack into the charger, the battery and the charging contacts should meet each other in line. Move the front end of the battery pack towards the front end of the battery charging pocket.
At the time of removing the battery from the charging pocket, push the latch towards the battery. Then firmly holds the latch and take out the battery from the charging pocket.
Interpreting the Charging Pocket LEDs
The staus of the battery charge are indicated by the color of the LED. Here are color indicators that will help you to determine your battery status.
- A continuous red LED will on when the battery pack is charging.
- A red LED will blink when there is a fault or failure in the battery pack.
- A continuous green LED will on when the battery is charged completely.
- A continuous yellow LED will on when the battery temperature is out of range. In such a case, the charging pocket is in standby mode and waits for the battery pack to cool down.
Cleaning the batteries comes into play when it becomes heavily soiled. To clean the exterior part of the battery, use mild detergent along with a damp cloth. Avoid using flammable cleaners or solvents. Once you clean the outer surface, allow it dry before charging or using it again. Moreover, never bring cleaning agents closer to charging contacts.
Storage also plays a key role in enhancing the battery's performance. Battery packs should be stored in a dry or cool place. It should be kept away from adverse conditions. In addition, never leave your battery in a non-operating charger. The battery rather than charging will suddenly begin to discharge through the charger.
A Barcode scanner is a lifesaver in various sectors. To make your scanner last long, it should be equipped with a well maintained and durable battery. By following these correct measures for battery care, you are guaranteed to have a battery that lasts long and performs equally well.